Would you like to participate in a research project or study into stammering? Or are you a researcher looking for participants?
Below is a list of current academic studies that are looking for people to take part. Just click on the link for details.
(Note: these are external academic studies by universities and research groups that have asked us to promote them. They are not affiliated with BSA unless specifically stated. Each request has been assessed by our Research Panel.)
If you are a researcher looking for help to find participants for your study, scroll to the bottom and download our form.
Current research projects
- Testing a Virtual Reality Exposure Therapy app, from a team at The Design Psychology lab, Imperial College London (posted October 2021)
- How can speech & language therapy help you best?, from a researcher at Thomas More University College of Applied Sciences (posted September 2021)
- The experience of becoming an advocate for 'Stammering Pride' & its impact on attitudes to stammering & the self, from a student at Cardiff Metropolitan University (posted September 2021)
- Is there a link between 'proactive control' & stammering?, from a researcher at Ludwig-Maximilians University (posted September 2021)
- The effects of self-criticism and compassion on stammering and distress, from a student at the University of Hull (posted July 2021 and running until January 2022)
- Palin Stammering Therapy for School Children: A Feasibility Study, a study for speech & language therapists, from a team at the Michael Palin Centre (posted June 2021)
- Living with speech impediments in the digital age, from a student at Keele University (posted May 2021)
- Experiences of people who stammer during Covid-19, from a team at the Bristol Speech & Language Therapy Research Unit (posted May 2021)
- The behaviours of men seeking help for their stammer, from a student at Manchester Metropolitan University (posted April 2021)
- Do 'pseudo-stuttering' assignments offend you?, from US-based St. John's University (posted April 2021)
- The Voice: Mechanisms of Identity & change, from a team at Newcastle University March 2021)
- Your experiences of attending self-help groups, from a student at Leeds Beckett University (January 2021)
- The relationship between rhythm and stammering, from a student at the University of Glasgow.
- Diagnosing stammering & ADHD in children, from researchers at UCL.
- Attention abilities in young children who stammer, from researchers at the University of Suffolk.
- How has social distancing affected people who stammer?, from a student at Cardiff Metropolitan University.
- 'BeneTalk' app study with the University of Reading, via email and video conferencing.
- Online self-disclosure of stammering, from a postgraduate student at Queen's University Belfast.
- Assessing the impact of stammering on the NHS workforce. If you work for the NHS, researchers want you to fill out a questionnaire which could help set up an NHS stammering network.
- An investigation into the quality of life in parents/caregivers of children receiving speech & language therapy, from a PhD student at the University of Portsmouth.
- Online stammering survey, from the Michigan State University, USA.
- Online survey about music and language habits of individuals who stammer, from McGill University, Canada.
Looking for research participants?
If you're a researcher looking for people to take part in your research, please download and complete our Participation request form below and email it to email@example.com