Here are our terms and conditions for taking part in a charity fundraising event organised by a third party.
By applying for a charity place hosted by a third party, or an event hosted by STAMMA ourselves, you accept and agree to abide by the following terms:
- If you are taking part in a third party fundraising event, STAMMA are happy to cover your registration fee. However, we will set a minimum threshold for how much you will need to fundraise. For example, if it costs STAMMA £15 to pay for your entry, we may ask you to raise £200. For events hosted by STAMMA ourselves, entry fees will be paid by the individual and will be clearly advertised.
- You pledge to raise a minimum sponsorship amount respective to your entry fee. This will be agreed with STAMMA's Fundraising Manager prior to your registration. We will specify if this amount includes or excludes Gift Aid. You will try to raise as much as possible above this amount. Your fundraising is payable within eight weeks after the event has taken place.
- If, for whatever reason, you do not take part in the event, your place cannot be deferred to a later date or transferred to another event.
- You confirm that you will be at least 16 years of age or older on the day of the event.
- You may need to complete an additional registration form for the third party event organiser so they can confirm your entry into the event. You agree that it is your responsibility to ensure this form is completed by the given deadline. You understand that if it is not completed your event entry may be withdrawn. We will make reasonable efforts to make you aware if this is applicable to your entry and what the deadline for completion is.
- For third party events not being hosted or supervised by STAMMA, you agree that STAMMA, its employees and its agents, accept no liability whatsoever in respect of any injury, illness, death, loss (including loss of enjoyment or possessions), damage, expense, cost or other sum or claim of any descriptions whatsoever in respect of your participation in the event. Nothing in these Conditions shall limit or exclude STAMMA's liability in respect of death or personal injury sustained as a direct result of STAMMA's negligence, breach of statutory duty or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- You confirm that, to the best of your knowledge, your general state of health is good. You acknowledge that you are taking part in this event at your own risk.
- You agree to follow all reasonable rules and instructions given by the event organiser, event management company and their authorised representatives. You are responsible for your own actions or inactions. Where these differ from the wishes of the event organiser, neither the organiser, STAMMA, its employees or agents can be held responsible for loss or damage to personal effects, injury or death.
- The itinerary may be subject to change by the event organiser should climatic or other unforeseen circumstances deem this necessary. You should refer to the event organiser's terms and conditions for more details.
- You agree to carry out your fundraising in accordance with our Fundraiser's code of practice.
- You agree that all funds raised shall be paid to STAMMA as quickly as possible after your event and in any case by no later than eight weeks after the event date. All payments to STAMMA shall be made via debit or credit card, cheque, bank transfer or via a secure online fundraising page.
- Any fundraised money collected must be forwarded to STAMMA and will be treated as a donation unless sponsors specifically ask for it to be returned to them. STAMMA is unable to return anonymous donations. You agree that should you, for whatever reason, not take part in the event, it is your responsibility to contact your sponsors telling them you are no longer participating in the event, and what will happen to their sponsor money.
- You agree that STAMMA may use without payment, notice or further consent any photographs, videos and other images in which you appear, which are taken at an event by the organiser or their suppliers, our employees or any participant or other person attending, in our brochure, website, social network marketing activities or any other relevant promotional material. STAMMA will not, however, identify anyone by name without their agreement. Should you prefer that STAMMA do not use any such images in which you may appear which are taken at the event in any promotional materials, or if you do not wish to be the subject of any photography, please notify us by telephone on 0208 983 1003 or by emailing email@example.com
- By registering for this event, you agree to be bound by these Conditions. If any provisions in the Conditions, whether in full or in part, is held to be invalid or unenforceable, all other remaining provisions (in full or in part) shall continue to be valid and enforceable. STAMMA may vary these Conditions from time to time and the up-to-date terms shall be available on this online registration form. These Terms and Conditions and any dispute or claim that arises out of or in connection with them is governed by and construed in accordance with English law. The English courts have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim that may arise out of or in connection with these Terms and Conditions.
If you have any questions about the above, please do not hesitate to get in touch. Call us on 0208 983 1003 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org