Read about STAMMA's progress and impact.
How are we doing and what difference are we making? See what awards we've won and reports showing how our services, campaigns and events are having an impact.
Awards & recognition
Since adopting the name STAMMA in 2018, the charity has won and achieved the following:
Big Syn International Film Festival Awards: Diversity, Equity and Inclusion award (Winner) for our It's How We Talk campaign video.
Included in The Shaw Trust's Disability Power 100 list of influential disabled people and organisations.
Third Sector Excellence Awards: Best Charity Film (shortlisted)
Third Sector Excellence Awards: Communications Campaign: Find the Right Words (Winner)
Creative Circle Awards:
- Best Digital Campaign
- Best Low-Budget Idea: Find the Right Words, VMLY&R Agency (Silver)
Third Sector Excellence Awards:
- Volunteer of the Year: John Russell (Winner)
- Chair of the Year: Tim Fell (Winner)
- Brand Development: Zag Agency (Winner)
Purpose Awards EMEA:
- Best Public Awareness Cause (Highly Commended)
- Charity or NGO Best Public Awareness or Cause Campaign (Highly Commended)
If you scroll down to the Downloads section you can download and read reports on how we've been doing. They include:
- 2022 Impact report. Our 2022 Impact Report. Find out about our first ever cinema advert for stammering, The Stammies awards, handing in our petition, our conference and more.
- International Stammering Awareness Day (ISAD) 2022. All about our campaign.
- STAMMAFest Global 2022 Report. Our first conference in four years was huge. The 5-day event in Liverpool incorporated the International Stuttering Association's World Congress and featured a Family Day.
- End of year report 2021. 2021 was another packed year for STAMMA. Read about how we progressed our campaigns and services, and supported our members over the year.
- STAMMA Music. Between March and June 2021, we ran our very first weekly singing workshop, in partnership with Chiltern Music Therapy. Find out how it benefitted people who stammer.
- ISAD 2021. In the period leading up to International Stammering Awareness Day (ISAD) on 22nd October 2021, we launched the campaign 'No Diversity Without Disfluency'. Read all about it in our ISAD 2021 Report.
- Helpline & Information Service Report 2020. The year Covid hit we introduced a webchat service.
- STAMMA campaign report 2019. Read all about the year we re-launched as STAMMA.
Read also our End of Year Report 2021 slideshow.