A Zoom workshop on applying for jobs if you stammer.
Talk to anyone about applying for jobs, and it's often followed by an avalanche of questions:
- Should I apply if I stammer?
- What's the best way to structure my application?
- Should I let them know that I stammer? If so, when? And how?
And don't get me started on interviews. You might be thinking:
- I just don't know how they want me to answer some of the questions.
- What if stammering gets in the way of me responding in the way I want to? How do I deal with that?
- Can I get adjustments to typical interview processes so they're a better fit for me as someone who stammers?
In STAMMA's Employment Support Service, we're often asked these questions, so this 90-minute Zoom workshop covers these issues and more. This is a really useful session if you stammer and are applying for a job or promotion, or thinking about applying for a job or promotion.
Register your place
If you'd like to join, sign up on Zoom to the 'Your Next Job Application' workshop, 21st November, 6:30pm.
About the facilitators
The workshop facilitators are Joanna Gaukroger, Paul Fix and Kirsten Howells. They all stammer. Joanna has had a long career in further education, including providing careers guidance. Paul is Head of People Development and Volunteering at a large national charity, and Kirsten coordinates STAMMA's Employment Support Service.