Would you like to participate in a research project or study into stammering?
Below is a list of current academic studies that are looking for people to take part. Just click on the link for details.
(Note: these are external academic studies by universities and research groups that have asked us to promote them. They are not affiliated with BSA unless specifically stated. Each request has been assessed by our Research Panel.)
Current research projects
- Stammering & mental health in children, from researchers at UCL.
- Online self-disclosure of stammering, from a postgraduate student at Queen's University Belfast.
- Assessing the impact of stammering on the NHS workforce. If you work for the NHS, researchers want you to fill out a questionnaire which could help set up an NHS stammering network.
- An investigation into the quality of life in parents/caregivers of children receiving speech & language therapy, from a PhD student at the University of Portsmouth.
- 'Benetalk' device study with the University of Reading, via email and video conferencing.
- Online stammering survey, from the Michigan State University, USA.
- Online survey about music and language habits of individuals who stammer, from McGill University, Canada.