Read the findings from recent studies into stammering.
We are often approached by academics asking us to help find participants for their research studies (see our Studies looking for participants page). Once the research is finished we ask them to share their findings so that we can post here.
- Emotional reactivity in adults who stammer. Findings from a study by a student at the University of Reading, 2020.
- Testing voice recognition technology with people who stammer. Findings from a study by a student at the University of Winchester, 2020.
- Do dyslexia and stuttering share a processing deficit? Findings from a study undertaken by a PhD student at the University of Birmingham, 2019.
- First genes found for stammering. Dr Drayna reports on findings from a project in 2010.
- Brain research helps us to understand stammering, commentary on findings from 2002.
- Neural bases of stuttering and its treatment, by Robert Kroll and Luc de Nil, the Stuttering Foundation of America, 2001.