JOB TITLE: Local Groups & National Networks Coordinator
HOURS: 5 days p/w
SALARY: In the region of £28,750
LOCATION: Bethnal Green, London
CONTRACT TYPE: Permanent
CLOSING DATE: 27th March 2020
The post holder will help local groups and national networks thrive, enabling people who stammer to meet up with others locally, at work and socially.
This is an exciting and new post for Stamma, made possible by a grant from the National Lottery Community Fund. There are 30 local stammering groups in the UK as well as networks like the Civil Service Stammering Network and the Defence Stammering Network.
Over the next 4 years we want to build our support for local groups and national networks for people who stammer so that they can flourish and grow, and create strong, nationwide networks of people who can give voice to the needs of the stammering community. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with good leadership qualities who is able to motivate and inspire.
About the role
We want you to support existing groups and networks; baseline the current situation; ensure we have full and compliant data; engage withgroup and network leaders, working with them to discuss how best they can be supported and what resources and facilities they need. You’ll create regular and appropriate channels of communication with those leaders where experiences, information and advice can be easily exchanged and used.
Working with the groups and networks, you’ll help support Stamma by linking up with local groups and networks to host Open Days, Family Days and a biennial conference. You’ll ensure that local group/network members are able to take part in national campaigns and/or local/regional fundraising activities and events; and that they are supported in generating local publicity and reaching new members.
What we’re looking for:
- You'll have experience of supporting local groups and networks.
- You’ll have insight into the legal and organisational issues facing group leaders,
- You’ll have an interest in disabilities, diversity and inclusion
- You’ll have demonstrable interpersonal skills, successfully influencing, persuading, guiding, listening to, and negotiating with others, constructively challenging thinking where appropriate.
- You’ll be great on social media and be able to write clearly and concisely, co-producing information and advice covering setting up and managing local groups and networks, as well as garnering legal advice around stammering, work and education.
For more information, download the pack, application form and monitoring form and get these back to us by 27th March.